Hand Sanitizer in Food Pouch is Recalled
Photo Courtesy of Nikki Teixeira, by Katie Kindelan, ABC News
Last September, a mom in Canada was warning parents and caregivers after she said her young son ingested hand sanitizer thinking it was food.
After she warned about how closely a variety of hand sanitizer resembled their children’s snack pouches, Ashtel Studios has announced a recall of the gel that is packaged to appeal to kids.
The recall was announced by the Food and Drug Administration on Oct. 2.
The Ashtel Studios hand sanitizer has images of various cartoon characters.
FDA reports that Ashtel Studios has not received any reports of adverse reactions. This product is meant to be applied topically to help reduce bacteria on the skin that could cause diseases when soap and water are not available.
Ashtel Studios has provided written notification to its distributors and retailers and alerting customers of this voluntary recall. Customers with this recalled product are advised to destroy them immediately. The product was distributed to select retailers in the United States and in Canada.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall are asked to contact Ashtel Studios at 866-Ashtel-1-909-434-0911 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product can be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online, by mail, or by fax.